This position is a brand new opportunity within our organisation and offers significant rewards to the right candidate.
About us: The Enterprise East Group CIC supports individuals with barriers or challenges to access employment and promote their individual community inclusion. We are excited to be opening our brand new community café and training academy in Saffron Walden and are currently looking to expand our team with the right candidates. For more information, please see our website www.enterpriseeast.org
- Hours: 40 hours per week initially Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.30pm (occasionally the hours will change to accommodate events or functions).
- Salary: from £21,500 to £23,600 depending on experience
- Access to accredited training to support your personal development journey
- Opportunities for genuine career progression within the company
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free lunches
- Discounts and loyalty entitlements
- Nest workplace pension after three months
- Long service awards and vouchers
- Free uniform
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic team who work hard, have fun, and support each other.
Skills and attributes required: The right candidate will,
- Have experience in working in busy catering kitchens
- Have at least a level 2 Certificate in food hygiene
- Have an excellent knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation
- You will want to make a difference by joining our team and supporting our values. You are a team player and passionate about offering superior service and take pride in the work you do.
- You will have overall responsibility and supervision of other kitchen staff and provide the highest level of support to your staff, students, and apprentices. You should be able to communicate effectively and empathetically with a range of people, including those with communication difficulties, beyond that, it’s all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people.
- You will be able to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion.
- You will support creativity and you will be supported to thrive in your kitchen
- Ensuring quality food and presentation are of the highest level
- Be organised and meet deadlines,
- You will be responsible for managing the food stock and working out how to make the most of your budget. You will liaise with approved suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of orders in line with company policy and procedures to maintain appropriate stock levels and control.
- You will be responsible for supervising the kitchen clean down and have a great understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
- You will be responsible for all Kitchen equipment checks and temperature control monitoring, food probing and taste, texture, quality checks.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send you CV and covering letter to email@example.com Closing date 5th March 2021