Part-time – 2 days a week, Permanent, £7,500pa, Pension Contribution
Essex Youthbuild is looking to appoint a Finance Administrator to lead our bookkeeping and accounts tasks and support the organizations admin needs.
Essex Youthbuild was originally set up in 2005. We became a Registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee in June 2008. We are a Chelmsford-based charity working with young people aged 11-19 years old from across Essex, providing training in construction skills, health and safety, and functional skills (maths and English) leading to accredited qualifications.
Youthbuild provides mentoring and support to these young people who are frequently multiply disadvantaged with many not ‘succeeding’ at school. We work with mainstream and special schools, pupil referral units, and referrers for our 16+ courses include social workers, local authorities, the Youth Offending Service, supported housing and other charities.
This is a part time, permanent 2 days a week role (currently Thursday & Friday) We are looking to appoint an experienced Finance Administrator with strong skills in bookkeeping and accounts software. Experience with xero accounting software would be a distinct advantage. The role also contains a variety of other tasks including reception duties, petty cash management and general administration duties. You may also be required to be safeguarding officer, so experience working with young people and or a qualification in safeguarding would be advantageous.
Qualifications & Experience
- Three or more years’ experience in accounting, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities (preferable in a non-profit environment)
- Experienced with Xero accounting software very advantageous
- Experienced working with young people advantageous
- Holding a safeguarding qualification desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Intermediate to advance competencies in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work alone and prioritize tasks
If you have a passion for working with a great team who make a real difference for young people across Essex, please send us your cover letter and CV by 12 midnight August 2nd 2020.
NB: only candidates selected for interview will be contacted